Sunday 16 February 2020

With weather is like this, there's only one thing to do...

Hello! Happy Sunday :)

I hope you've all had a lovely weekend, and for those of you who celebrate it, a lovely Valentine's day!

I used to really like the day after Valentine's due to all the reduced chocolates and flowers.. but I didn't treat myself this weekend! Truth be told, even reduced chocolate wasn't enough to make me brave Storm Dennis!!

Instead, this weekend I have been doing a lot of crafting! (No change there!)

I have 2 upcoming workshops and so a lot of prep to do and there were a few things I wanted to practice with too!

First up, I made up a couple of cards using the Timeless Tulips stamp set. With Spring getting ever nearer I wanted to celebrate that my Tulips have started to grow in the garden! No flowers just yet though... What do you think?

Along with the Timeless Tulips, I used the Very Versailles stamp to get the written background on the birthday card. The for the Easter Card I used the Pinewood Planks embossing folder to add a little detail behind the flowers... pretty huh?!



 Next, I finally got round to playing with Grace's Garden! I have been wanting to try these stamps and dies for a while now, and oh I am so pleased with the results!
I can only show one of the cards as I have used this set to make a card for someone else and I don't want to spoil the surprise!
Here's my little pretty, using the masking technique to add depth. I used watercolours for a change and love the effect it has given, don't you?


Finally, I had a practice stamping on ceramics! 
I had a couple of plain white mugs and plates to practice on. 
First, I cleaned them with vodka. Then I got the Stazon ink and had a play! It is quite difficult to stamp on mugs due to them being round. The plates were a lot easier. There is definitely a knack to this, I'm sure after lots of practice I will be a master!! 
Here are a couple of my attempts... 


I absolutely adore these! I'll be picking up some more crockery tomorrow to try again in different colours. How wonderful would it be to have a dinner set that has been decorated by you?!

Once I had stamped the images, (After a few attempts and cleaning off several times!) I baked them. Then I coloured using the Blends; I chose Lovely Lipstick light and dark for these. I really want to do a set in a nice bright blue too! 

What stamp set would you use to decorate a plate and mug? 

That's it for me today, I will now be poring through images of cards and projects on the internet to plan what to make next!

Have a wonderful week everyone.

Dawn x 



No comments:

Post a Comment