Sunday 23 February 2020

Things are getting pretty!

Happy Sunday!

How quickly has this week flown by?! I hope you've all had a good week.

I started the week off with a visit to a garden centre... we only went to browse for ideas for my friend's garden... so naturally I had to get something pretty for mine haha!
These have brightened my garden up a little; it's been so dismal otherwise. Aren't they pretty?


I carried on the theme of pretty things all week, and when Saturday came, a full day of crafting!

This weekend, we used Timeless Tulips, Grace's Garden, and we each chose a stamp set to try decorating a plate! (I do like to add a little something different now and again!)

First up, we stamped our designs on our plain ceramic plates using Stazon.

Whilst the plates were baking and cooling, we made 2 cards using Timeless Tulips. Here are a few of them, what do you think?



After some lunch, we coloured our plates using Blends and then whilst they were baking for the 2nd time, we got to play with Grace's Garden stamps and dies. I loved playing with this set. The first card was a little more involved, making several layers with apertures and lots of layers of die cut flowers. 
The 2nd involved a bit of masking and some watercolouring!
How pretty are these?!



By the time we had made these beautiful cards, the plates were baked and cooled and looking good!




Aren't they stunning?! I think I will have to do more ceramic stamping in the future, it was very well received!

Anyhow, that's it for me this week. If you're interested in making any of the above, get in touch for future workshops, or treat yourself to the stamp sets, there is a link on the left to my shop. 

Have a wonderful week, 

Dawn x 

No comments:

Post a Comment