Sunday 26 January 2020

Parading the Poppies!

Good evening!

I hope you've had a fantastic week, can you believe January has almost passed? Christmas now feels like a distant memory, doesn't it?!

I am really looking forward to Spring arriving. My daffodils have started to pop up, I can't wait to see them start to bloom!

This weekend I held my 'Poppies on Parade' workshop which was so much fun, and full or prettiness and creativity!

First, I taught the ladies how to do the masking technique. We used post-it notes to cover a stamped image in order to overlap another stamp without it showing the overlapped lines! (I hope that makes sense!) Here's what we made with this technique; How stunning are they?!




We had a bit of a free for all with the tags, I wanted the ladies to make a few to try some of the techniques and styles, it was great to see what they came up with!

The next cards tried using the great splatter stamps that come in the Painted Poppies stamp set. These stamps are great fun and give a wonderful effect.


The Painted Poppies set is such a versatile set. It really can be used for any occasion. So much so, the ladies chose not to stamp any sentiments on them so they can be used when needed in the future!

From now until the end of February, I am running a little bonus... For everyone who purchases the Painted Poppies stamp set from me, I will give you a free gift!  (This is not part of  Stampin' Up! promotion and is only valid whilst stocks of the freebies last!)

For now, I'm off to play with the Silhouette Scenes and Enjoy Life stamp sets in preparation for the next workshop on the 8th February.

Have a wonderful week everyone!

Dawn x



No comments:

Post a Comment