Sunday 10 May 2020

How time flies when there's no routine!

Hello!

I hope this finds you well, especially with all the difficulties we're facing at the moment.

As you may have noticed, I've been terrible at writing a blog for the past month, having little routine disagrees with me!

Since my op, I am back on my feet (a little), although still on crutches for the most part. With this, means I am now back working, albeit from home, but now I have a routine again! It's amazing how much of a difference it has made. I've been back working a week now, but I already find myself having a proper bedtime, getting up early, having set meal times and making time for all my craftiness (and blog writing!).

Over the past month I have been quite busy. I figured out that I can do a bit of gardening as long as I take lots of breaks and sit to do said gardening where possible. I have put so much time into that, now sporting a lovely tan, and my garden has never looked so good!

Here's my first rose of the year!


It was also my birthday last month. It was rather strange not seeing my friends as usual, but I still felt very loved with all the beautiful cards, messages and gifts! My housemate and I celebrated by having a BBQ. It was a lovely day. 

Here's one of my gifts, how amazing is this! 


So, back to crafting...
The new Annual catalogue is on its way, as is my little pre-order! How exciting! 
The new catalogue goes live on 3rd June, if you would like a copy sending out, let me know and I will add you to the list!

But before the new catalogue, we still have a few weeks left of the current catalogue. So naturally I've been having a play. 
Some sets and colours are retiring, so if you have been thinking about treating yourself, now is the best time. You may miss out if you leave it much longer! (As always, I am here for advice if you need it)

One stamp set that I didn't get a chance to showcase is retiring. It's called Capture the Good. I had planned on using it for classes over the past couple of months, but due to current issues I haven't been able to. So before it's gone for good, I wanted to make a few cards. 

Here is a monochrome card that I managed;


I think if I did another I would add a black background to the camera as well as the wording but overall I am quite happy with it. 

I also played with Grace's Garden, which you'll be pleased to know isn't retiring! Yay!
From this set I only used the cat and the Hello stamp, as well as a few blends... What do you think?


Finally, I played with A Little Lace. Also not retiring! 
I wanted to make a few note cards that could be given as a set, I'm intending to make a little gift box to put them in for a gift, but what do you think of the cards?


I also used the subtle linen embossing folder to give it an extra bit of detail. 

Well that's it for me for now, I'm going to get back to the craft table and see what else I can come up with ready for next week's blog. 

Until then, keep safe, keep crafting and don't forget, I am here if you need anything during these testing times (And after!)

Much love, 

Dawn x 

No comments:

Post a Comment