Sunday 7 July 2019

Getting Messy - Part 1

Hello everyone,  

I hope you are all enjoying your weekend, I certainly am! 

Yesterday I ran a messy workshop teaching various techniques to create amazing backgrounds.

We used shaving foam, glycerine,  Brusho, bubble wrap, acetate, elastic bands, sponges, daubers and lots of inks and refills! Needless to say we had lots of fun!

Here's some photos from the day, check out Facebook too where there will be a few more photos going up!


This is Doreen, she has been a fixture at the hostesses house for a good few years now, so it was only right that she joined the party! Loving the new wig!



















We had two tables, each set up with three techniques to play with. The outside tables being the messier of the two!


The above effect was made using Stampin' Write markers on acetate,  splashing with water, using crinkled up rubbish to dab it and then placing the card onto it. Such a great technique,  and it is perfect for a production line kind of day! 

Below, is made using Brusho on bubble wrap, so stunning! 



This last photo is showing a technique using shaving foam and some Stampin' Up! inks. By adding ink to a plate of foam, giving it a good swirl and firmly laying the card on... it gets so very messy but gives such mesmerising results.  


The workshop proved to be a success with some lovely compliments from the ladies so I will look to run this again.  

Next month will be Messy Day part 2, where we will all be making cards using our own backgrounds.  I am looking forward to that!! 

If you would like to come along to one of my messy days or any other workshop then please let me know so I can get another one organised.  I had so much fun I would love to do it again! 

Anyhow, that's it for now. 

Have a great week 

Dawn x 



No comments:

Post a Comment