Thursday 28 February 2019

Hopping into March, Springing into Spring!

The daffodils are out, the sun has been gloriously shining and Spring is definitely on its way!

I have been 'Hopping' with joy at the thought of bringing you my next blog post and I am sure you will be 'Hoppy' with it too! (Spotted a theme yet?)

With my last Stampin' Up! order, I took full advantage of the Sale-A-Bration freebies and got the 'So Hoppy Together' stamp set, and I love it! It is so much fun to use, these cheeky chappies can be used in a number of ways and they work well with wording from other sets too.

Here I used all of the frogs, colouring with the Old Olive Dark and Light Blends, Old Olive coloured card stock. The flies stamp I coloured to look like bees, because... well... I like bees! The dots to make them look like they are flying, I drew on by hand using a 'Stampin' Write' marker pen. I love this card, it is just so fun!


Next, I made some tags, I seem to think of this Hoppy chap as a juggler, and so I thought I would see if I could make him one! 
I am hoping soon to get the scalloped edge punch to create a truly gorgeous top to any tags I make, but for now, I had to use a standard hole punch! It does the job, just not as pretty as the scalloped edge would!
The tag is quite big, but I wanted it to make a statement, and I think it does!


Finally, for my morning of crafting, I wanted to make a little note card for a friend. Something to make them smile... so I thought, googly eyes! 
You can pick up googly eyes from most craft/hobby stores, and to me it just made this card pop! It turns it from a cute card into something that would make you giggle! (Working perfectly with the sentiment from the Part of my Story stamp set, which is also a freebie from the Sale-A-Bration!)

I have had so much fun playing with these frogs, I think there are so many more possibilities for them yet and I can't wait to discover them.



This set is free with qualifying orders until the end of March... Don't miss out! Contact me for more information.

Have a wonderful day!

Dawn x









No comments:

Post a Comment